Monday, August 17, 2009

Working in Paradise



The last couple of days we have had the honor of "working" with Karcsi. I put quotations around working because taking cruise ship passengers sailing and snorkeling doesn't feel like work at all.

We pick up the travelers around the cruise ship dock and head to Buck Island. Once we are in open water where we can catch the wind, the sails go up and silence surrounds us. The sound of the waves crashing against the boat is so soothing you could listen for hours. But all to soon we are at Buck Island, where the sea turtles pose for pictures and the coral reef is rich in color and activity. We swim around for an hour, Nick leads the guests and I stay behind continually recounting the bobbing heads, just in case. Back on the boat we go, but not before I pee in the water, yup that's right! I finally learned to relieve myself in the open water. ahh. :)

Once everyone is back on the boat, Karcsi serves cheese and crackers and rum punch! We have to advise the guests to quickly eat the cheese before the local bird, Spots, comes to claim the rest of the cheese...or before Nick snags it all. The sail back is just as relaxing. We drop off the guests and eat our PB&J's. Geshh, another hard day at the office.

1 comment:

  1. I know if I ever need to relax, I just come and read your blog. ha! I'm really glad you're doing well.

    ReplyDelete